Tuesday, 29 September 2026

[cobirds] Sora, downtown Colorado Springs

I was out for my morning walk around the neighborhood and bumped into a juvenile Sora on the sidewalk, on Cache la Poudre a few blocks from Shook's Run Creek. It did not seem to be ill or injured, and ducked back into a bush before I could get a photo, so I left it to its own devices. Not a wildly unusual bird in the general area, but the first I've seen away from riparian reeds/grasses.

Chris Selvig
Colorado Springs

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate.
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAFeTgoEGex-_OV40ha%3DvJqrz_NL8tuFNAsmJPamo4nWpL5iZzA%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment