Friday 27 November 2015

[cobirds] Gray-crowned Rosy Finches - Livermore Community Church (LARIMER)

Hoping that the snow had chased some winter finches down from the mountains, I headed up to Livermore this morning. The roads were not great, and it was considerably colder than in Fort Collins - close to zero. I was rewarded with a flock of about 30 Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches sitting under the feeders behind Pastor Ken's home when I got out of the car. I checked to confirm that they were all Gray-crowned. Then they flew off before I could get an exact count or photos, and did not return before my extremities went numb and I went home. (A single one remained behind which I digiscoped - look for my eBird report if interested.)

Nothing else out of the ordinary present. A couple of siskins and some tree sparrows, and other common birds.

John Shenot
Fort Collins, Co

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/520d0850-3b47-4067-a4c4-f7bd56ebd575%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment