Sunday 12 July 2015

[cobirds] Possible Ash-throated Flycatcher nest box, Howard, Fremont County

I'm forwarding this from Dan George, a protégée of Bill Brockner.  Thought this was probably the best place to post it.

Silvia Brockner (now in Assisted living in Evergreen) received a letter from an old birding friend, who advised her of an Ash-throated Flycatcher nest box in her YARD.
·         The person in whose yard this bird is located is: JANET MALLOW, PO Box 357, Howard Colorado.  Telephone# 719-942-3090.
·         If someone were to phone Janet, it is my guess that she would welcome the call with "open arms" (i.e. as she knew the great/late Bill Brockner).
·         I have no information other than what I add here.  I do not know Janet – and I cannot certify that this bird is correctly identified!
·         Silvia told me that the adults are using Janet's backyard "nest box".  If nothing else, this lead is probably worth investigating.

Will Burt
Jefferson County



No comments:

Post a Comment