Sunday 31 May 2015

[cobirds] Gray Flycatcher, Clear Spgs Ranch, El Paso Co

Hi COBirders,

After hearing of all the migrants still moving, I decided to re-open banding for a few days at CSR to see what might show up. (I had been in Arizona for a week - Tufted Flycatcher and Flame-colored Tanagers!!!)

Mostly it seemed that I was catching birds today that are, or soon will be, nesting here, but there were a few migrants banded, like Warbling Vireo, Swainson's Thrush, and a second-year Gray Flycatcher.
Other banded birds:
Red-winged Blackbird
Yellow Warbler 2, plus two recaptures banded 5/14
House Wren 2 recaps
Com Yellowthroat 3, plus 2 recaps
Yellow-breasted Chat

I plan to be open for a few more days this week, but will likely close again by next weekend.

Also, in my backyard migrant trap (Mountain Shadows) yesterday I had Plumbeous Vireo, Wilson's Warbler, Green-tailed Towhee, and a pair of Bullock's Orioles.

Good birding
Steve Brown
Colo Spgs

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment