Monday 16 September 2013

[cobirds] Pueblo birds 9/15-9/16

Not too much to report down here.  Yesterday, 15 Sept, I saw a female/immature American Redstart in my yard in Pueblo West for a few minutes.  A little later, Margie Joy and I saw a female Bullock's Oriole down the street, which is getting late for them.

Today, 16 Sept, a Dickcissel, perhaps the same one I saw the other day, was flying around and calling at Snakeskin Picnic Area, below Pueblo Reservoir dam.  On the Rock Canyon side of the river, in the Osprey Picnic Area, I saw two Black Phoebes, which I haven't been seeing too much recently.  The only warblers I saw today, were lots of Wilson's, plus a couple of Yellows, and an Orange-crowned.  At Pueblo Reservoir today, from Sailboard launching area, I saw a Peregrine Falcon.

Next Saturday, is the annual Pueblo County Fall Bird Count, going on throughout the county, hopefully some interesting things will turn up.

Good birding,
 
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment