Monday 30 July 2012

[cobirds] More Common Nighthawk migration near Canon City

I also observed a smaller number of Common Nighthawks tonight, though at about 8pm.  By the time I was able to get into my yard to look for them, all I saw were 10 birds heading southeast but likely missed some.  These could be part of Norma's group as there were strong thunderstorms in the Colo Springs area tonight that could have pushed them back west. 

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @ http://birdsandbloomsblog.com/author/seetta-moss/
Personal blog @ BirdsAndBlooms.blogspot.com




On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Paula Hansley <redstart.paula@gmail.com> wrote:
I saw dozens of nighthawks about 3 pm today (just ahead of our torrential rain) heading south over Louisville just above the tree tops!  
Even though they were flying erratically, they were gradually heading south.  Finally, I stopped on Pine St.
so that I could count them.  I counted at least 80 before they stopped flying over; however, I have no idea how many I missed.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment