Monday 30 July 2012

[cobirds] Common Nighthawk migration over Louisville, Boulder Co.

I saw dozens of nighthawks about 3 pm today (just ahead of our torrential rain) heading south over Louisville just above the tree tops!  
Even though they were flying erratically, they were gradually heading south.  Finally, I stopped on Pine St.
so that I could count them.  I counted at least 80 before they stopped flying over; however, I have no idea how many I missed.
There was a 10 mph north breeze at the time.

Paula Hansley
Louisville

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment