Monday 30 July 2012

[cobirds] hummingbird parade

The hummingbird migration numbers, though I've had little time to watch,
appear to be much heavier and more diverse here at our house (4 miles east
of Foothills in central Boulder Cnty) than in the previous 5 years. (We
lived in town before that).

I've had (I can hear 'em!) 4 species almost every day for several weeks,
although black-chinned trailed off early; last one of those I heard or saw
was July 25. The cool treat for me is that the various males came through in
unusual numbers; previously I had to stare at the darned female and immature
birds with much focus to figure out who was what.

Has this diversity been typical for other CObirders this year?

I believe I still have a rufous in the yard; I hear it choppity-chopping
around and it scares all the other birds away from the feeders with great
efficiency.

Linda Andes-Georges
Near Haystack Mtn, central Bldr Cnty


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment