Monday 25 September 2023

[cobirds] Summer Tanager - Arapahoe

This morning, I took a short walk up my street in Centennial. I heard, then briefly saw an adult male Summer Tanager. I didn't have my binoculars. Nor do I have enough familiarity with the species to actually ID it by call. But I got decent recordings, which is rare for me, and good enough views of the bright red bird for others (thank you, Nathan Pieplow!) to work out the identification.

The bird was moving through the neighborhood, and I'm not sure where he ended up going. I went out -- this time with binoculars and my dog -- to try to relocate it. But I couldn't. Interested birders should try Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens and the High Line Canal Trail (between Orchard and University), I suppose. Maybe the Little Dry Creek, where it meets that stretch of the Canal. But I'm not sure if it's an effort that will yield much more than a lovely walk.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/039321eb-e19f-463d-839b-b2d1da0479fbn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment