Saturday 30 September 2017

[cobirds] Cassin's Kingbirds (yes 2) - Clement Park, Jeff Co

As I type (5pm), there are 2 Cassin's kingbirds foraging from and perching on the raptor perches in the prairie dog town on the south side of Clement Park (SE of the lake). I was pushing the boys in the jog stroller and spotted one flycatcher. I initially assumed Says Phoebe but I quickly realized otherwise! I saw the white tipped tail, distinct white malar, darker gray head, and bright yellow flanks and belly. I walked out and got nice looks at key ID point and took some photos with my phone thru my binocs (who takes kids walking without binocs??) and we kept going. I assumed the bird moved to another perch nearby but there were two observed at the same time. I think I got a decent/identifiable photo of at least one of them. Nice bird just out for a walk! They are so close to the yard too. I hope one flies over!

Scott Somershoe
Littleton, Jefferson co.

Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/ACA20EED-5275-4FC5-993C-2037549902B4%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment