Monday 21 August 2017

[cobirds] Swallow-tailed Kite update


For anyone planning to look for the bird (aka the Swallow-tailed Kite) tomorrow morning.  I looked at my photos, and the time I saw it was 8:41am.  I was sitting on the bench on the north west side of Willow Creek Park in Lamar, close to the Swimming Pool parking lot, and saw the bird above the swimming pool to the north east of where I was sitting and looking.  I hope everyone can see this bird!  Since the bird has been seen three days in a row, I think this is the first "chase-able" Swallow-tailed Kite ever for Colorado.  I've heard (second hand) the bird was seen this afternoon as well over the Swimming pool, around 3pm.  I hear there were other birders looking this morning, when I was there, though I didn't see them.  Amazing I've chased Little Gulls (at Pueblo Reservoir -- I actually wasn't in Pueblo County when the birds were found, so that was a little bit of a chase) and the Swallow-tailed Kite this month, and I didn't see any other birders.

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CA%2BXeEuWbMMEDMC6ufPcjBrej-SVzP4B9Fi1%3Dj6NWaicN%3DJ2OJw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment