Saturday 19 August 2017

[cobirds] Home area birds, Ken Caryl Valley, JeffCo

Migration has continued very slow in my home area over the past week. A very thin passage of Western Tanagers, Black-headed Grosbeaks, Yellow Warblers, and Chipping Sparrows if I'm lucky. Warbling Vireo and Orange-crowned Warbler were noted yesterday, hinting at good times to come. Each day I am ready to enjoy an upswing. 

First thing this morning a Western Wood-Pewee in my front yard (the first migrant for my home area this season) got my hopes up that today would bring something. Indeed, the pewee was a harbinger of some new variety. No big deal, but fun for home area birding. My visit to Massey Draw near my home (no public access) added another Western Wood-Pewee, 1 Dusky Flycatcher, 1 MacGillivray's Warbler, 1 Virginia's Warbler, 1 Clay-colored sparrow and 2 Brewer's Sparrows. A highlight was a female Evening Grosbeak that flew south, calling all the way.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO

Virus-free. www.avast.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAGj6Roo8TeS_i6_7tWL61GdHLj2hAkqb-%3D3Mi3H88ZA7mVVCiQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment