Friday 26 May 2017

[cobirds] Re: Would someone help me identify the bird who made this call, please?

Hey, everybody. I'm guessing Phoenix isn't the only person who wants to know; hence the group response. The mystery birds is a Say phoebe, Sayornis saya.

A few birds from Greenlee Preserve, Boulder County, & environs earlier today, Friday, May 26: wood ducks, hooded merganser, peregrine falcon, various empids including a gray flycatcher, western warbling-vireo, bushtits, Swainson thrushes, gray catbird, MacGillivray, Audubon, and Wilson warblers; a spotted towhee singing a crazy song; and western tanager. And back on Wednesday, May 24, at the preserve: 3 snowy egrets, a male black-chinned hummingbird, a least flycatcher, and a lesser goldfinch.

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County






On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 11:54:19 AM UTC-6, Phoenix Kwan wrote:
I had a bird making this call repeatedly in my Broomfield neighborhood earlier this week.  I finally saw it perch on a wire over my backyard a couple days ago. I immediately went back inside to grab my binoculars, but, of course, the bird was gone when I got out.  But from my 5-second look of it, it was about the size of a house finch and may be a little bit bigger.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can tell me what this bird is.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/f95dfc75-c69a-476e-8315-a0da554f7265%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment