Saturday 27 May 2017

[cobirds] N Waterthrush #10, and Big Arrival at CSR, El Paso Co, Saturday

Hey COBirders,

I almost didn't go to Clear Spring Ranch to band this morning, with higher winds and potential rain being forecast. Well, I did go, and I'm glad I did.  105 birds banded today. Northern Waterthrush #10 for 2017, Least Flycatcher, plus,
W Wood-pewee 4
Willow Flycatcher 3
Dusky Flycatcher 2
Warbling Vireo 2
Swainson's Thrush 11
Gray Catbird 7
Virginia's Warbler
Wilson's Warblers 2
Yellow Warbler 27
Com Yellowthroat 8
Yellow-breasted Chat 2
Lincoln's Sparrow 8
Blue Grosbeak 2
Black-headed Grosbeak 
Lazuli Bunting 5
Bullock's Oriole 17 (15 Males !)
Am Goldfinch 

Best Spring banding day in my 4 years at CSR. And I was just saying maybe Migration was wrapping up!!!

Have a good holiday weekend,
Steve Brown
Colo Spgs

No comments:

Post a Comment