Tuesday 25 October 2016

[cobirds] ID question--possible Pine Warbler

Dear Cobirders,
On Friday 10/21, I came upon a mixed warbler flock in NE Boulder comprised of mainly Yellow-rumps, but also a Nashville and what seemed at the time very likely a Pine.  I took some absolutely horrible out-of-focus photos with the compact camera I had with me, but they do show some useful markings, I think.  I would very much appreciate some comments (if even possible with the poor quality) eliminating or in support of Pine Warbler as the ID. 

www.pbase.com/birdercellist/pine_warbler_id

Markings I noted in person, some of which are evident in the photos despite the blurry focus:

Bright yellow throat and breast

Olive steaks on flanks, more pronounced than on typical orange crowned

White undertail coverts

Whitish belly

Distinct white wing bars

Dark wings, contrasting with olive green back and rump

Sharp contrast between  darkish auriculars and throat

Yellow eye-ring

Dark between base of bill and eyes


Thank you very much,

Thomas Heinrich
Boulder, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment