Monday 29 February 2016

[cobirds] Jefferson County, Williamson's Sapsuckers (male and female) at Genesee Mountain house

I originally reported a MALE Williamson's Sapsucker on January 27, 2016 at my home in Genesee at 7500'. This is out-of season, as males start arriving here March 30 and early April. This male remained from Jan 27-30. It was always in one Ponderosa Pine at 35', where it drilled 100+ wells. The male appeared twice (that I saw) in February, on Feb 14 and Feb 22.

A FEMALE WISA appeared on February 24, 2016. It was tapping on a different Ponderosa Pine thirty feet away at 25' height. It was gone when I returned to take its photo.

Birders are welcome to my house at 1298 Northridge Court, Golden (7 minutes off I-70 Lookout Mountain or Genesee Park). But because I saw them only three times total in February, it's not worth the trip unless you want to see the drill holes. The male's ponderosa is marked with a yellow ribbon (thirty feet from my garage door, downhill and next to the driveway.) Call me at 303-968-4750 if you want to come, and I'll be on the lookout for you.
- Kathanne Lynch, Genesee Mountain

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/2ae1f18c-2b4a-4362-aaf1-a2b83d9f211e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment