Wednesday 24 February 2016

[cobirds] Female Common or Barrow's Goldeneye

Hi CO Birders!

It has been awhile since I've been on here, recently having moved to Aurora. I wanted to get your input on a female Goldeneye. I've been seeing more and more Common Goldeneyes lately, even a Hooded Merganser (first for me) and a lone Pied-billed Grebe that snuck in, nearby at a small pond, but wanted to get your input. Any field ID tips to further distinguish between a female Common and Barrow's would be helpful. I've circled the female in question. I've referenced many images and articles, and my gut says Common, but she looks different than the surrounding females. Is she younger?

Thank you!

Julie M.
Aurora, CO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/a3582d8c-2253-4114-91a5-291903454a44%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment