Tuesday 3 November 2015

[cobirds] Seeking 2015 (& Historical) Poorwill Sightings - Cheesman & Gardens (Denver)

Hi, all.

I'd like to compile a list of where and when the Common Poorwill were seen at Cheesman & Denver Botanic Gardens this spring and fall. While eBird includes many reports of the bird, location isn't always specified and I know that several -- perhaps many -- more birders observed the bird than reported it on eBird. 

If you're willing to share this information, drop me an email. I won't be sharing anyone's names publicly, but I'd like to know when, where, and by how many birders the bird was seen. If anything interesting happened while you observed the bird -- it moved, non-birders became interested, a dog flushed it, etc. -- I'd like to know that too. And if you have any photos to share, I'd love to see them. 

My hope is to put together an informal, end of year "report" on the bird. I'm also putting together some materials for the Denver Botanic Gardens on their birds and an article for DFO's newsletter. While the focus of both is broader than the poorwill, all of this information helps.

Finally, I'll repeat my request for historical observations of Common Poorwill around the Cheesman Park, Capitol Hill, and Congress Park neighborhoods. I believe I saw a poorwill in the Gardens in 2013, and I've received a report of an injured one being found at Cheesman six or seven years ago. If you heard or saw a poorwill in any of these areas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jared Del Rosso
Denver, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/4146166d-d630-4591-abe4-e65b4f0db785%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment