Wednesday 31 December 2014

[cobirds] Red-throated Loon continues at Pueblo Res. 12/31

Pearle Sandstrom-Smith and Clif Smith called and said the Red-throated Loon was still off Sailboard launching area at Pueblo Reservoir this afternoon.  I braved the Pueblo West snowy roads, and went over there, and it was fairly close to shore.  There were five Common Loons present as well.  I didn't see anything else of note, though I didn't spend a lot of time looking.  I think the ice-line is now off West Fishing Road.  It appeared that the entire State Wilidlife Area is now ice.  I know there will be a bunch birders down here tomorrow, so good luck and if the Yellow-billed Loon is out there or something better, please let me know.

Good birding,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment