Thursday 19 June 2014

[cobirds] COMMON GROUND-DOVE, Archuleta

Folks,

I just got a great look at a COMMON GROUND-DOVE at Navajo State Park in Archuleta County. I'm at the wildlife viewing overlook just off Highway 151 as you head south from US 160 about 20 miles. As soon as I saw the bird fly past me, I knew right away what it was. Its blunt, red wings and short tail were unmistakable, and when it landed briefly on the rock pile adjacent to the viewing overlook near the Piedra River, I also saw the scaling on the neck and the spotting on the folded wings. I rushed back to the car to get my camera (yeah, I know) and as I write this I am still trying to relocate it.

Eric DeFonso
SW Colorado

Sent from the Aether

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/D0405AE6-2A7D-46AB-9D9A-5D91370BD1BD%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment