Thursday 19 June 2014

[cobirds] Blue-gray Gnatcatchers building nest in Red Canyon Park

I drove up to Red Canyon Park this morning because I am leading a Denver Audubon Master Birder Field Trip on Saturday.  Today was the coolest day this week but I wasn't able to get up there until almost 10 because I have a early class I went to first. It was still quite productive:  one pair and a single Gray Flycatcher, singing Bewick's Wren, singing Canyon Wren, several Plumbeous Vireo (singing off and on), several Spotted Towhees (singing), a few Black-head Grosbeak (singing), 3 Western Tanagers, 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers (building a nest as seen here), and several each Scrub Jays, Chipping Sparrows, and Common Ravens.  Big miss was Juniper Titmouse and Black-throated Gray Warbler.

I did get some very nice photos of the gnatcatcher pair building their nest that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog. I also got a very good tho brief video clip of nest building but haven't got it uploaded to the internet yet so will post tomorrow.

SeEtta Moss
CanonCity
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckp_TkvnwmF6ORMrs5PMFctMf2WSa9EAKiadzaRmA%2BDUZA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment