Saturday 6 July 2013

[cobirds] Wet Mountains, Custer/Huerfano Cos. 7/4-5

Hi all,

On the evening of July 4th, after 945pm, I got great looks at my favorite bird, a Flammulated Owl, in the Wet Mountains in Custer County.

On July 5th, along Forest Road 403 in Custer and Huerfano Counties, depending on where you are, I found some regular high mountain birds that are normally found on this road.  One American Three-toed Woodpecker, Gray Jay, Pine Grosbeak, American Pipit, Wilson's Warbler, White-crowned Sparrow and Lincoln's Sparrows.  I didn't find any crossbills, I guess there were quite a few around this road in early June.

If anyone happens to go to Big Johnson Reservoir in El Paso County today, please report if the Laughing Gull is still there.  Thanks!

Good birding,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment