Wednesday 31 July 2013

[cobirds] Interesting Cormorant Cherry Creek SP

I live not far from the Cherry Creek Dam. While walking to my car about 7:15 this morning I saw a pair of what I presume to be Double-crested Cormorants, however, one of the two was colored white on the front half (partially leucistic) making it resemble a Magnificent Frigatebird. I am sorry that I only had a fleeting look at them so I didn't notice any other features.  If I didn't have to work I would go chase it down.  They were both headed over Kennedy Golf Course presumably on to Cherry Creek State Park.

Doug Shoffner
Denver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/0c550fa4-474c-4f43-91d5-41d5b516e15d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment