Tuesday 28 November 2017

[cobirds] Yard High Counts (scrub jays & towhees) - Arapahoe

Yesterday morning (11/27), I was joined by a dozen magpies, four Spotted Towhees, three flickers, and three scrub jays in my west Centennial yard (Arapahoe). The scrub jay number was a high count for me in the county.

This morning, the towhees outdid themselves. Five foraged for millet near my feeders. I've had this many in my yard before, but not in a while. I counted two males, two females, and one too deep in the brush to figure. About a dozen magpies, too, which perched in my neighbors' trees, ominously watching over my empty platform feeder. I dropped a handful of peanuts in there for them, and they had the feeder empty again within a minute or two.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/218242af-5f1e-48d4-a971-96cd6e6e920e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment