Saturday 25 November 2017

[cobirds] SNOWY OWL, Morgan County

On Saturday, 11/25, at 12:15 PM and again at 2:00 PM, a snowy owl was sited, sitting on a light pole on the north side of I-76 in Morgan Co.  The owl was sitting on a pole just east of the second Ft. Morgan exit, Interstate 76 and State Hwy 52, on the north side of the interstate, and south of Riverside Park. The light pole was nearly directly over the shoulder of the highway.

 

Lauren Migalski and Hannah Crowley first spotted the owl at 12:15 PM. They got off the freeway, circled back and photographed the owl. This was unbeknownst to me, but when I drove by at 2:00 PM, "she" (educated guess) was in the same position. 

 

I'm afraid I don't know how to add photos to a COBIRDS post, but if someone will e-mail me privately, I can send them on with proper credit and they can be officially shared.

 

Definitely the highlight of my weekend!

 

~Anne Price

Littleton, Jefferson County

No comments:

Post a Comment