Friday 22 November 2013

[cobirds] Tech questions on eBird for iPad and Birdlog for iPhone

Please answer offline if anyone has answers to these tech questions.

For eBird, on the iPad, it shuts down when I try to put in a location. Doing some research, it seems to be another problem with the Ios7 system, and it says to disable the private search in Safari. I have tried to do that and either am not doing it correctly, or it is not working. Has anyone else solved the problem of eBird shutting down on iPad? Last night, for some unfathomable reason, I was able to list observations by another route, but I am not sure exactly what I did, I think it was searching for hotspots instead of inputting a location.

On Birdlog for the iPhone, is there a way to put in species with an x rather than list numbers? I know we "should" be doing numbers as well as species, but some of us are number challenged, and I don't want to estimate numbers when it is not possible to get good numbers. I haven't been using it on the phone because of this problem and am hoping for a solution. Thanks to anyone who has any solutions for us neo-Luddites.

Sent from my iPad
Elena Holly Klaver
Niwot

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/AE5B02F3-F2F1-45B0-8449-76E11D37BF37%40indra.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment