Friday 29 November 2013

[cobirds] Re: Two days left to find the rest of the N.A. warbler species (in CO in November!)


After tomorrow is over, then there is December.  I don't know of any December sightings of Prothonotary, Worm-eating, or Tennessee, among others for the Winter Season (December 1-February 29) for Colorado!  It will be interesting to see what species of warblers and/or vireos (there were Warbling and Red-eyed Vireo in the state in November too) are seen in December, and if any will be found in a Colorado Christmas Bird Count circle, on count day, or count week!
 
I think if any of these birds make it December, they should be documented for the CBRC, even if they aren't on the CBRC review list.  Documenting birds that aren't expected during the winter, is a good idea.  I did document the two warblers of major interest, that I saw last year in December in Pueblo (Yellow-throated Warbler and Northern Parula).  I also saw Pine and Wilson's in Pueblo, last December, though they aren't as strange as these other two, so I didn't document those for the CBRC.

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO


No comments:

Post a Comment