Sunday 24 November 2013

[cobirds] Swans on Bowles Reservoir #1, Jefferson Co.

Attempting to get a closer look at a scoter on Marston Reservoir's east side, I visited the small park off J Street in Grant Ranch this afternoon.  Failing to spot the scoter to the north, I did an about face and marveled at the number of Hooded and Common Mergansers on Bowles Reservoir #1, just to the south.
While attempting to count them, I was distracted by four adult Swans swimming to the west.  While they appeared to be Tundra Swans to me, I was unable to verify the presence of any yellow on their bills because they were swimming away from me.  Last seen they were at the extreme western end of this reservoir where one must be a Grant Ranch resident to even approach the water.  Morning light will, one hopes, benefit anyone trying to find the birds.
 
Doug Kibbe
Littleton 

No comments:

Post a Comment