Wednesday 3 July 2013

[cobirds] Big Green Year update, Larimer County

Greetings -

Following is an update on my Big Green year project, where I am trying to see as many species as I can from my home in NW Fort Collins, by foot or bicycle.

In the past 10 days, I took two rides out to Kechter Ponds (NW of I-25 and Kechter Rd), Duck Lake, and the wetlands west of Fossil Creek Reservoir.  Additions to my year list included ring-necked pheasant, great egret, snowy egret, black-necked stilt, Wilson's snipe (making it's chip call while perched on a rail fence), prairie falcon, and savannah sparrow (singing). 

My year total is now at 183 species.  With one half the year gone, I now look forward to the beginnings of fall migration in hopes to get to 200 species.

Good birding,

Rick Schroeder
Fort Collins, CO


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/08a923b6-2d82-4690-9037-88d38fda57b7%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment