Friday, 21 August 2026

[cobirds] Question to the Colorado Birds Forum regarding eBird and recent bird categorization changes

Hello Colorado Birds community,

 I have a question to all.  With the recent bird classification change, have you noticed any changes in the behavior of the eBird a(mobile) application where bird species, old or new classifications,  DOES NOT APPEAR AS AN OPTION until one changes to the PC version?

My nemesis bird for this query, in Colorado,  is the Northern Yellow Warbler (previously known as the Yellow Warbler).    For months, when I attempt an eBird checklist using my mobile phone, the new "Northern Yellow Warbler" never is presented as an option.  I've tried "Northern Yellow Warbler", "Yellow Warbler". a generic "Warbler", but I only get  the Northern Yellow/Mangrove Warbler as a viable option when using the mobile app version, but that always (for good reason) gets questioned.  Once I return home, where I can access my PC, Northern Yellow Warbler is ALWAYS is presented as an option.  The issue is only when I deal with eBird on my (android) mobile phone.  I have experienced this issue with a number of species, but the Northern Yellow Warbler is by far the most common species I encounter this issue with.

Note:  all eBird databases for the application are current (have been frequently updated).
 Inquiries, to date, to Cornell have not been acknowledged

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?  Based on my current experience, I am less and less inclined to attempt to report checklists, entered in real time from the field,  on eBird due to these frustrating issues.

Thank you,

Kevin
El Paso County

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate.
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/146e0344-9a2e-41e7-9c35-ac3b56336bebn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment