Saturday 16 January 2021

Re: [cobirds] Chatfield Horse Stables Off Limits

So yesterday, I went to the "horse stable" to see this Golden-crowned Sparrow.  I parked in the "stable parking space" which is just two spaces by the stable and got reprimanded by the Park police as soon as I stepped out of my car.  The park police guy was very crabby and told me to stay out of the stable area.  I was shocked by his demeanor, but I was very nice to him and moved my car immediately.  Then he drove off and left the property.

Luckily, the Golden-crowned Sparrow was in a bush by the large parking lot and I was able to view it with no problems.  As soon as I got some photos of the Golden-crowned Sparrow, the birds (all the sparrows) flew over to the stable area.  I did not go over to the stable area in fear that I would be yelled at, since I was just told to stay out of that area.  

A couple guys showed up a minute later, who did not know that they were forbidden to stay out of that area.  They went over and took a couple photos of the Golden-crowned by the stable, which took them about 5 minutes and then they left without incident.  I was glad the park police guy was gone.  I could have told the guys not to go over there, but it wasn't my job and they had made a long trip to see this bird, so I said nothing.  

There are no signs that say to stay out.  I was not going to be the police and tell them to stay out.  How would anyone know these rules?

Here is a picture of this lifer for me!  Not a great photo, but proof!  

Cinnamon Bergeron

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:33 PM W. Robert Shade III <wrshade3@gmail.com> wrote:
Several of us were approached by the State Park Police this morning and informed that they do not want non-horse people wandering around inside the stable/corral area. We are free to use the parking lot (where the Golden-crowned Sparrow has appeared) or to approach the rabbit brush area on the east from the road. (Park at Fox Run)

Bob Shade
Lakewood

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAFwvYHqt6SHMgrG3PoT8B%3D%3D%2B8zHAZ_ccHETRB1N%2BpEn-N0RwsQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CANESPGn%2Bh2Kg502VpTWRCuvJ6eELK9evWRDN3q2O5Mbbrwx61w%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment