Friday 15 January 2021

[cobirds] Black-capped Chickadee Territorial Behavior & Great Horned feathers - Arapahoe

I believe it was Wednesday that I started hearing Black-capped Chickadees start up their well-known, two note songs around Centennial (Arapahoe). I also noted them seeming increasingly intolerant of others in both my yard and in neighborhood trees. A lot of active chasing going on right now. I'm also pretty sure I heard earthworms in the leaf litter on one of the warmer nights this week. Seemed early, but the mild weather might have had them active?

On a dog walk mid-week, I spotted what I think are two downy Great Horned Owl feathers in two different yards, separated by about 250 feet or so. Seemed unusual. 

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/9678ce8d-0c41-4a29-9e05-cb87aa4c6bccn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment