Saturday 4 April 2020

[cobirds] Tree Swallow Migration, Arapahoe County

Since I can't go on any trips right now and confide to my local area I have been contenting my self along the South Platte river near where I live. Today I got a nice treat that was a lot of fun to watch. Near the Denver Seminary a large group of Tree Swallows passed me, heading north. This group was followed by another and another. In all I counted around 53. They where not actively foraging like swallows and did veer away from the river, but all flying upstream heading north following the river. I have not witnessed such a movement of Tree Swallows before so this was rather impressive. It lasted for about five minutes before ending. In that group was one Barn Swallow also, the first of the year for me. Spring is coming.
Brian Johnson
Englewood CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/fa11a6e9-c388-407b-bf07-ea8d266e7ee9%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment