Thursday 30 April 2020

[cobirds] 3, Green-tailed Towhee,Littleton, Jefferson County,4/30

Hi birders,

What a surprise to see in my yard today not 1, but 3, Green-tailed Towhees. I get one each spring, but I've never had 3 individuals at once. WOW, they are gorgeous and two of the Green-tailed were really chasing each other with their rufous crests flared up. One Green-tailed Towhee was in my yard from 4/26 on. In addition to the above birds in the yard, I had the Spotted Towhee[they nest in my yard].On 4/30, there were 6  Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow, 1 Brewer's Sparrow singing [I get them every Spring], 8, Chipping Sparrow[most singing], and 1,Brown-headed Cowbird. I thought I was on the Tundra/treeline area this morning because of all the beautiful White-crowned singing.

On 4/26, in my yard, there were 21 Chipping Sparrows in the yard, 1,m. Lazuli Bunting, 1,Lincoln's Sparrow[and through 4/29], 3,White-crowned Sparrow.

On 4/24 1, Swainson's Thrush

4/11, Six Painted Lady Butterfly feeding on my Plum bush flowers.

Happy Birding!
Tina Jones

Littleton, Jefferson County, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment