Monday 29 April 2019

[cobirds] Common Gallinule-Wellington State Wildlife Area-Larimer

All,

Shortly after 3 this afternoon I thought I'd take a shot in the dark and see if I could see anything through the snowflakes. To my surprise I found a Common Gallinule working the edge of some cattails on the pond north of County Road 60 in the Schware Unit of Wellington State Wildlife Area. Note that this pond is not Morris Reservoir which is a couple hundred yards west and on the south side of 60. If it wasn't for the red shield and yellow bill tip that shone like Rudolph's nose through the snow, I'm not sure I would have seen the bird at all. I included my Ebird list below with the one clearly identifiable pic I got through my scope. Visibility got awful quick while I was there so I bolted. This bird may require some patience. I know Rachel Hopper got on the bird later and I hope she was able to work some magic with her camera.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55567815

Bird is the word!

Josh Bruening
Fort Collins

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/6b5c5d88-183a-405b-b92b-daa61eae6943%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment