Tuesday 30 April 2019

[cobirds] Cassin's Vireo & Possible Gray Flycatcher - Centennial (Arapahoe)

This morning, an empid called me out into my yard. I'm leaning Gray Flycatcher, as the bird has been twitching its tail, downward it seems to me, all day. I've been fooled by twitchy Duskies before, so I need to inspect my photos and videos before I call it.

Glad that bird got me outside, too. As I watched it, a Cassin's Vireo passed through the yard. It foraged, for a time, before flying into my west Centennial (Arapahoe County) neighborhood. It's amazing how different Cassin's can look depending on the lighting. In the open, on my honeylocust, the bird was warbler yellow. In the shade of my shrubs, I had to convince myself it wasn't a Plumbeous with a bit of yellow wash. 

An Orange-crowned Warbler was also a new arrival. A Hermit Thrush, first seen a day or two ago, provided uncommonly close views. At one point, it landed on a branch just feet from my shoulder. I tried to turn and get a photo, but of course it flew off. 

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/aa80846b-924f-42bb-93b5-63240f4d033e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment