Monday 28 January 2019

[cobirds] Re: Magpie Musings & Questions - Denver / Arapahoe

Hi Jared and all. 

I also notice magpies relatively absent from central Denver. Currently, I go to college at Auraria Campus (next to downtown) going on my second semester. There are some open areas and some nice trees. During migration I've had some nice migrants like Clay-colored Sparrow, Lark Sparrow, and Wilson's Warbler. However, the campus has virtually no birds in the winter. But, I have had Yellow-rumpeds there this winter, including this morning. What's missing? Magpies. No reports from the "Auraria Campus" hotspot on ebird.

However, as far as Blue Jays vs Magpies in my yard, I've had the opposite expierence. Blue Jays are seen in multiple numbers every day I watch. However, magpies are uncommonly seen in my yard. I have seen them year round, however, rarely in the summer. They seem to be a winter visitor in my yard for whatever reason.

Ben Sampson
Centennial, CO 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/5ac31559-4ac5-4d89-b8e8-cdf20c78b288%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment