Thursday 24 January 2019

[cobirds] Dark-eyed Juncos - Arapahoe

In my yard, during the snow, were all the expected types of Dark-eyed Juncos, including two of the Gray-backed (my favorites) and one White-winged Junco. I first noticed the White-winged on January 19th. I think it's a first-year, but while it provided good looks today through my binoculars, showing the wingbars, the extensive white on tail when spread, and the larger size than nearby juncos, I can't seem to get a decent photo for closer study. It may be a female. 

For good measure, one of the juncos traipsed across my patio, leaving tracks. 

DSC_0576 Junco Tracks.jpg


- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/d0a70dfd-a0ab-41fb-917c-36a9b7d8ba04%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment