Wednesday 20 January 2016

Re: [cobirds] Re: ? Re: Say's Phoebe

Say's Phoebes are wintering in Colorado in pretty good numbers.  So, far nine different Colorado Christmas Bird Counts found them this winter (Dec 14, 2015-Jan 5, 2016).  With a current total of 38 birds.  I think there will be a good number more, when all the results are in.
 
Brandon Percival
Colorado CBC Regional Editor
Pueblo West, CO




From: Jamie Simo <ironekilz@gmail.com>
To: Colorado Birds <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:12 PM
Subject: [cobirds] Re: ? Re: Say's Phoebe

I think I must've seen that same bird at South Platte this past Saturday.  It was hanging around near the entrance to the access road.  I've seen them being reported other places lately too.  I'm guessing it's becoming more common for them to overwinter along the Front Range?

Jamie Simo
Longmont

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 12:46:23 PM UTC-7, Jennifer Hyypio wrote:
On June 11 I was birding the South Platte Reservoir for the Long-tailed Ducks. I noticed a bird fly catching the edge of the ice and got a great video. It was a Say's Phoebe. Is this unusually early for their return?

May your winds be strong
And your thermals high
--



No comments:

Post a Comment