Wednesday 27 January 2016

[cobirds] Beautiful New Visitor

I'm a new member of COBirds and this is my first post.  I live in SW Denver (Marston Meadows) and have had a beautiful new visitor to my back yard in the past several days. Checking my bird books, the closest thing I can find to match is a female Peregrine Falcon.  It is about the same size, 16-17 inches, has a long tail, blue back and crown.  The only reason I have doubts that it is a Peregrine Falcon is that it does not have sideburns. If female Peregrine Falcons do not have sideburns, then I am pretty certain that's what my new visitor is.  I got a great picture of her and wish I could attach it.
Ken Westlund, Denver, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/62596917-696c-4022-9294-2312445d9022%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment