Friday 22 January 2016

[cobirds] Greater Roadrunner -- Pueblo Reservoir, Pueblo Co. 1/22

Dan Stringer found a Greater Roadrunner at Sailboard launching area at Pueblo Reservoir, just before 2pm this afternoon.  I think this is the 2nd recent sighting of a roadrunner in this area.  It was off the paved road going down hill and to the west, before you get to the parking area.  Thanks to Dan for texting me, I was able to get out there quickly, though we couldn't re-find it.  I'll be keeping my eyes open for it though, since it seems like there is one that likes this area recently.

More road work is going on at the Reservoir.  Many of the roads on the North Side of the Lake, are currently dirt, including the road to the North Shore Marina.  Many bike trails around the north side of the lake are closed, since they are being re-paved.  All of trails below the dam will also be repaved in the next few months.
 
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment