Wednesday 19 November 2014

[cobirds] Northern Larimer Rarities Continue

I was a little short on time this morning, but I managed to make it to Hamilton Reservoir to see the continuing Tundra Swans.  There were two swans fairly close on the southwest corner of the lake and a third swan that was too far out to identify.  I didn't notice anything else out of the ordinary.  From there I went to Douglas Reservoir where it took some time to find both the Black and White-winged Scoters and the Long-tailed Duck.  On my way back to town I made a quick stop at a large lake just north of CR 56 where I found a sleeping loon.  I could only stay for 5 minutes and the bird never lifted its head, so I could not identify it to species.

Good Birding,
Andy Bankert
Fort Collins, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAMvLbkiZUhWLa%3DRWvocxEtd5cWKrigZj20X3HxYrvpkkRT1S4Q%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment