Friday 22 March 2013

[cobirds] No Luck On Eurasian Wigeon (Weld County)

Went to the ponds on W.C.R. 59 and couldn't find the Eurasian Wigeon.
But the winds were super strong in the direction I was facing (that
didn't help at all) and shortly after I arrived nearly every single
duck took off at once for no apparent reason (didn't see any raptors
in sight)...most didn't return. I did get 3-4 male Cinnamon Teals
there (FOY for me).

After that I checked Loloff Reservoir. Got my FOY American White
Pelicans and a very likely Snow or Ross's Goose (couldn't get a good
angle to tell which one). It was almost in the very middle of a large
group of Canada Geese that were resting on the east side of the shore,
close to the road.

Made a brief drive by Lower Latham Reservoir but the weather was
turning fast so I didn't really stop to look at anything. It was nice
to see the wetlands pretty full of water though. Early last July it
was completely bone dry.

Austin Hess
Fort Collins, Colorado

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment