Thursday 21 March 2013

[cobirds] La Veta: Black Phoebe and Turkey Vulture Mar 21 and 13th, respectively

Since I was asked to confirm my Black Phoebe sighting (I had pix!) last September 9th that I posted on E-birds 2012, I thought I'd mention a couple FOS birds again THIS season.  Perhaps such info is important to someone, huh? 

Today, March 21st, 2013 I saw my first Black Phoebe in quite awhile; about six months.  I guess I'd call it a FOS...as I can't remember if these wonderful little birds migrate in and out of CO or not!  [Sorry]  The Phoebes seem to like my pond a lot...and as it is finally staying thawed, I decided to go ahead and turn the waterfall (and filter) back on for the season.  I imagine that will draw more birds; even though I'm not feeding these days.  [sigh]

Also, for those who track such things, I saw my FOS Turkey Vulture on March 13th, 2013...three days later than last year.  So far, I've not seen another; just the one...who seems to have kept going North (I presume).  I've not seen much chatter about the TVs yet; are others seeing them, too?

Beverly Jensen
La Veta, Huerfano Co, CO


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cobirds/-/adHkkRN-xmkJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment