Friday 31 December 2021

[cobirds] 40 acres of Burrowing Owl land, Weld County

I just found out some very sad news. There is a 40 acre plot of land outside of Keenesburg in Weld County where I watch burrowing owls every year. A developer bought the land, and is selling 6-8 acre size lots. When I called the realtor, she informed me that if I buy a plot, I'm required to build on it. Also, the price on the website was wrong...it was actually DOUBLE that. Hey, even if I wanted a six acre home, that is about the ugliest place ever; I'd never spend that much for land. There are GIANT power lines running the whole south side of the 40 acres.
I am guessing since Burrowing Owls are not protected (many of us remember when they were building DIA; the owls lost) that the owls will have to (hopefully) find a new spot. I'll miss "my" owls l.
I just had to share my sadness with people who would understand. 
Thank you,
Susan Rosine
Brighton, Adams County

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CACPnx8XPxgWxed-c-6cYtARtCPVGycG8mvv9sN545uSZT1Wcww%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment