Saturday 30 May 2020

[cobirds] Re: Brewster's Warbler? Erie, Boulder County

Thank you all for the messages and replies- it seems the consensus is that it is a female chestnut-sided warbler.  I had turned right past it in the field guide since it did not have any "chestnut," but I see that it is still a better match.  Thank you for everyone's expertise!  Also, thank you, Steven, for the article- I will look into it!
Chris Pagliaro
Erie

On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 10:25:55 PM UTC-6, Chris Pagliaro wrote:

I had the bird pictured below in my yard in western Erie (Arapahoe and 287) on May 27.  It actually flew into my window, flew into one of our trees to recover for a bit, and then flew off.  It did not sing during its time in my yard.  It seems to most closely resemble the Brewster's backcross adult depicted in Sibley's.  Does this seem like an accurate ID?  Thank you for any information!

Chris Pagliaro

Erie


IMG_5380.jpg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/6e39631b-4b1b-40f4-ae29-3ffe0dd6b7b4%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment