Thursday 28 May 2020

[cobirds] Re: Bobolink and More!/Weld

Hi Linda

Not sure what is up with long Google Maps URLS ... try this tiny URL https://tinyurl.com/y8knl2sq it worked for person yesterday (and me).


On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 7:42:46 PM UTC-6, Linda M wrote:
Gary, I can't get this link to open and I'm sure I'm cutting and pasting the entire think.  I'd really like to see the route.  Might you check it again?

Thank you!
Linda Martin

On Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 9:49:50 AM UTC-6, The "Nunn Guy" wrote:
Hi all

I was quite surprised to find a Bobolink on the Pawnee NG yesterday. I drove my "Longspur Hot Spot Route" to see if I could get any more new arrivals.
  • Bobolink (1) singing up a storm at Weld CR 45/114 it preferred the NW corner (taller grasses) and fence line on south and east. I saw him when I first got there and again upon completion of route about an hour later. Photos taken. First one I have seen on PNG since I have been up here (2002). Had one in my yard about 15 years ago.
  • MacGillvray's Warbler (1) along Weld CR 41
  • Western Tanager (1) along Weld CR 102 east of 41, first I have found this year
  • Orchard Oriole (1) same location as tanager, first I have found this year
  • Cassin's Sparrow (5+) along Weld CR 41 both sides of road
  • Blue Grosbeak (4 males) along Weld CR 41, 102 and 45, first I have found this year
  • Northern Mockingbird (3) along Weld CR 102 east of 41
  • Eastern Kingbird (2), first I have found this year
  • Chestnut-collared and McCown's Longspur were plentiful all around Weld CR 45 x 114 x 122 x 49
  • Rock Wren (1) along Weld CR 45
  • Loads of Lark Bunting, Horned Lark, Brewer's and Lark Sparrow, and Western Meadowlark. Others include Clay-colored Sparrow, Brown-headed Cowbird, Western Kingbird, Mourning Dove, European Starling, Yellow Warbler, Bullock's Oriole, and Barn Swallow
Photos at my web address below.

Longspur Hot Spot Route (make sure you copy/paste entire URL string):


Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/95f50122-717f-422b-b744-7416982287e1%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment