Saturday 26 May 2018

[cobirds] N Waterthrush, CSR, EL Paso Co, Sat

Hey COBirders,

I banded another Northern Waterthrush this morning at Clear Spring Ranch (#20 for the season!). This one was a ratty-looking second-year bird, with shredded rectrices and tertials.  Ebird considered it out of normal season, so I guess it is "rare". Looked like it had arrived late and out-of-sorts!

Also seen perched above me was an Ash-throated Flycatcher (also Ebird -rare).

Mostly local breeding birds are being caught and recaptured right now, (including my first-ever recaptured/return W Wood Pewee, an adult female with brood patch), so I'll probably close soon. Also two adult male Bullock's Orioles were recaptured today, one banded 5/31/17 as a second-year bird. Three Orchard Orioles were banded, two males, and one female, and two Willow Flycatchers, all second-years.

Enjoy the weekend,
Steve Brown
Colo SPgs

No comments:

Post a Comment