Friday 4 November 2016

[cobirds] Pacific Loon -- Pueblo Reservoir, Pueblo Co. 11/4

Hi all,

I spent a little time this morning (4 November), scoping the western
parts of Pueblo Reservoir. The best bird was a Pacific Loon in the
State Wildlife Area on the NW side of Pueblo Reservoir. There were
also a dozen or more Bonaparte's Gulls. From the end of West Fishing
Road, I saw two Common Loons. I walked out from the parking lot by
Hobie Cat Road, and saw four more Common Loons. I didn't check any
other parts of the Reservoir.

If anyone happens to see the Kittiwake today, please report, I know
there are people interested in looking for the bird over the weekend.
I likely will NOT be able to bird Pueblo Reservoir on Saturday, unless
someone finds a murrelet or eider or something, and then I will have
to leave where I'll be, and get out there. I plan to be looking
around Pueblo Reservoir on Sunday\, unless something else comes up.

I've walked around Pueblo City Park, with other birders a couple of
times recently, there have been a good number of birds in there. On
November 1st, there was a Chipping Sparrow, and on November 3rd, there
was a Hermit Thrush. There have been Yellow-rumped Warblers,
Ruby-crowned Kinglets, all three Nuthatch species, Brown Creeper,
Mountain and Black-capped Chickadees, Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers,
Northern Flickers, Dark-eyed Juncos, Cedar Waxwings, American Robins,
and Townsend's Solitaires. The pond has a lot of Wood Ducks right
now. I'm hoping that Pueblo City Park will have some interesting
warbler or something soon, as there are a lot of little birds in
there.

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CA%2BXeEuXMgqmNQw9LBYjomJG2QGo96oZPnQhK4j8486ZborAyhA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment