Tuesday 29 November 2016

[cobirds] Saturday at Chatfield and today at home

Hi Co Birders! My son took me to Chatfield Saturday from 11AM to 3 PM Sorry for delay, I saw 15 birds, Bob saw several more. The best we saw was
An immature Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, well seen climbing a tree trunk near the car so I could watch it. It was in the picnic ground just west of the Marina.
While brown all over it had white coverts and very small touches of yellow near the edge of the belly.

Today,Nov 29 I saw 3 female Grosbeaks on the box feeder near the kitchen window just couple feet away. I checked Sibley Field guide.
They had heavy blue gray beaks,and 2 bright buff wing bars so they were first winter Blue Grosbeaks. First I have had in my yard ever!

At 92 I still like birding

Bob Spencer NE of Golden.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/2065104F-9B6E-47A8-919D-C8C9C3860373%40indra.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment